You are here >> Testing Concepts
Verification Vs. Validation
Verification is the checking or testing of items, including software, for conformance and consistency with an associated specification (standards) Are we doing the job right?
Process of determining whether or not an object in a given phase of development process satisfies the requirements of previous phases
Validation is the process of checking that what has been specified is what the user actually wanted (typically FS, RS) Are we doing the right job?
Process of evaluation of software at the end of development process to ensure it is in compliance with the requirements.Defect:
- A deviation from specification / standard
- Any thing that causes Customer Dis-satisfaction.
- Testing is a process of executing a program with the intent of finding errors
- A good test case is one that has a high probability of finding an error
- A successful test case is one that detects an as-yet-undiscovered error
- So, what does it involve?
- Plan for testing
- Design test conditions, cases
- Develop test data
- Create required test environment
- Execute tests
- Analyze actual results with expected results.
- Results: Test passed or failed!
Debugging is the act of attempting to determine the cause of the symptoms of malfunctions detected by testing or by frenzied user complaints.Purpose of debugging
To find the error / misconception that led to failure and implement program changes that correct the error